Are you building or remodeling a home in Raleigh, NC? Choosing an exterior siding is one of the most important construction decisions you’ll make. Nowadays, many homeowners opt for either fiber cement siding or vinyl siding. Below, we’ll run through the advantages of fiber cement siding and why it’s our preferred exterior siding.
Weighing Your Options
When it comes to choosing your home’s siding, there are a number of factors you’ll want to consider. Looks are important, of course, but you’ll also need to weigh things like durability and cost into your decision. As you choose your siding, make sure to consider which of the following factors are most important to you:
Why We Use Fiber Cement Siding
Fiber cement siding is made from a blend of wood pulp, sand, and cement. It comes in a wide variety of textures and colors. In fact, it can be made to look like wood, stucco, and other siding materials. When compared to vinyl, fiber cement siding is more durable. The thicker of the two options, fiber cement stands up against elements like wind, hail, rain, and heat without warping, making it perfect for Raleigh’s humid summers and chilly winters.
Fiber cement is also the eco-friendlier of the two options. Made from sustainable materials, this siding won’t harm Raleigh’s landscape. It also tends to last longer than vinyl siding, ultimately producing less waste.
When it comes to the cost of installation, high-quality fiber cement siding like James Hardie® Siding can be pricier than common vinyl. However, while vinyl degrades with moisture and heat, quality fiber cement siding is unlikely to peel, rot, warp, or fade. Our fiber cement siding also comes with a 30-year material warranty. If damage does occur, we’ll be there to take care of it.
- Appearance: Fiber cement siding comes in a wide range of style options. Like fiber cement siding, vinyl siding can be made to match a variety of styles. However, as the thinner of the two options, it may lose its color and form over time.
- Durability: Up to 5x thicker than vinyl siding, fiber cement stands up better to the elements. Our Hardie Cement Siding is also fire resistant. Vinyl siding is more susceptible to cracking, warping, and fading than fiber cement siding. On average, vinyl siding must be replaced more often.
- Eco-Friendliness: Made with natural materials, fiber cement is a greener choice than vinyl siding. As a plastic product ,vinyl siding is not generally considered to be eco-friendly.
- Cost: Although initial fiber cement siding installation costs can be more expensive, this siding’s durability makes it more cost-effective in the long run.
- Maintenance: Our fiber cement siding requires little maintenance and comes with protective painting and a 30-year material warranty.
Contact Us Today
Looking for more information on how to update your home’s siding? Chat with our experts at (919) 250-8038 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll help you get started on your next big project.